The WCOED and Wyandot Chamber of Commerce have partnered to continue updating this centralized page with relevant information and assistance to Wyandot County employers and businesses in response to COVID-19:
- Wyandot County Health Department – up-to-date local COVID-19 information
- Wyandot Memorial Hospital – daily updates via the hospital’s homepage
- United Way of Wyandot County Community Relief Fund – application for charitable organizations seeking emergency funds during this difficult time.
- Facebook Pages & Groups:
- Wyandot County Public Health – real-time local COVID-19 information posts
- Upper Sandusky Community Crisis Support – place to offer help, ask for help, and share accurate information about current situations affecting the community.
- Wyandot County Restaurants & Businesses – offering information on business closings and updated service offerings administered by the Wyandot Chamber of Commerce.
- coronavirus.ohio.gov – Current information from the state
- Ohio Office of Small Business Relief – help for small businesses during the current public health crisis:
- Small Business Relief Grant – provides up to $10,000 grants to small businesses.
- Bar and Restaurant Assistance Fund – provides $2,500 assistance payments to on-premise liquor permit holders.
- Home Relief Grant – helps eligible Ohioans who are behind on rent, mortgage, and water and/or sewer utility bills catch up on past payments back to April 1, 2020.
- Ohio PPE Retooling and Reshoring Grant Program – up to $500,000 per business to retool or reshore facilities to manufacture PPE
- Ohio Minority Micro-Enterprise Grant Program – offers $10,000 per business to Minority Business Enterprise or woman-owned EDGE-certified business.
- Ohio Department of Health – Resources for economic support
- Ohio Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
The Ohio SBDC will continue to provide business advice and assistance to companies in need, including financial projections development, strategic business planning, market feasibility and research, and more.
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) – up to 39 weeks of benefits for self-employed workers, 1099 tax filers, part-time workers, and those who lack sufficient work history.
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits– FAQ and how to apply.
- SharedWork Program – initiative for businesses to curtail unemployment during economic downturns.
- Ohio TechCred – Training reimbursement program offering up to $2,000 per employee for various types of training in pursuit of a “micro-credential”.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Insurance policy payments for March, April, and May can be deferred until June 1st, 2020.
- Ohio Department of Commerce
- Offering a one-time liquor buyback program for bars and restaurants for products obtained in the last 30 days, and also applies to select F2 permit holders.
- Ohio Department of Insurance
- Insurers must permit employers to continue covering employees under group policies even if the employee would become ineligible due to a decrease in hours worked per week.
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- A special blanket permit for haulers carrying heavy or over-sized loads of food, non-alcoholic beverages, medical supplies, cleaning products, and other household goods is now available.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – the federal government has directed much of its aid to small and medium sized businesses into these low-interest loan & grant programs:
- Small Business Owners Guide to New CARES Act – the $2 trillion and $900 billion stimulus packages includes a number of programs specifically for small businesses.
- U.S. Department of Treasury – FAQs for small and medium businesses to navigate paid sick and family leave tax credits
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements – A wealth of guidance for paid leave related to the Families First Act
- Their Wage and Hour Division has pages up for question on how this emergency affects both the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- The Department of Labor is working to provide information on labor and employee relations relating to wages and employment as COVID-19 continues to create challenges in the workplace. Click here for more information.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Guide to Small Business Emergency Loans – Emergency loans for small businesses.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Bill covering paid sick leave, free coronavirus testing, expanded unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for healthcare workers.
- IRS Tax Relief
Occupational Safety & Health Administration – Guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- USDA Rural Development
- Updates to programming due to COVID-19
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM)
- Offering three kinds of relief measures to banks, exporters, and small businesses impacted by the coronavirus.
Thank you to our partners at JobsOhio, Hicks Partners, and many more for sharing this information.